Product Review – Cover FX Liquid Foundation
I bought the Cover fx liquid foundation from Shopper’s last weekend. Complections (my current makeup sch) gave a lot of cover fx cream foundations for us in our makeup kit, and I quite like the coverage that it gives, but I wanted something easier to use on myself. So, I bought the liquid foundation. Cover fx (also known as natural fx) liquid foundation is water-based foundation for all skin-type incl. sensitive skin.
So this is what they claimed from their website:
WHAT DOES IT DO?
- 2-in-1 Concealer + Foundation
- Dermatologist 1st choice for flawless looking skin
- Available in over 20 global shades
- Provides moderate coverage of skin imperfections such as acne, redness, under eye circles, uneven skin tones, post-surgical bruising, vitiligo, and tattoos
- Creates a hydrated, natural, dewy looking finish
- All skin types.
- Sensitive skin
1. You have to shake the tube really well otherwise there’ll be liquid (I’m guessing water) coming out as you squeeze the tube. So SHAKE IT WELL (as it says on the instructions)
2. I didn’t apply it with any brushes, I used my fingers to apply it all over my face. I think the warmth of my fingertips actually help the product to spread better. I will not use my fingers on my client’s face, I always use a foundation brush or sponge on clients.
3. I found that it provides a reaaally2 good coverage. I have some redness and breakouts here and there around my face, so I find that I don’t even need a concealer to cover the problematic areas. It covers my under eye circles pretty well too.
4. It matches my skin colour perfectly! I’m an M50 if anyone is interested. (For MAC I’m either a NC 27 OR NC 30; for Laura Mercier I’m a cashew beige; Smashbox HD I’m a light 4).
To sum it all, this is by far one of my fav. foundations! =D..If you think the coverage is too much, you can sheer it out by applying it with a damped sponge. If you think there isn’t enough coverage (I doubt it), you can build it up or use the cream foundation.
Cover fx also carries mineral foundations which are good for those of you who have clear skin or sensitive skin. I have not used the mineral foundation yet, but my best friend used it and she loooves it. So, if any1 gives it a try, give me a shout out! =)
Enjoy the before and after pictures. There’s nothing on except for foundation on the after picture.