Spring 2010 – RTW Makeup Trend
I’m going to summarize a little bit of the Spring 2010 runway RTW of a few designers that I love. I’ll try to do a look based on some of the designer’s looks.
1) Versace – purple smoky for the eyes and pale lips
2) Chloe – no makeup makeup with nude lips
3) Carolina Herrera – light eyes with champagne and brown, rosy cheeks and lips. It has a feeling of freshness and light and happy to it
4) Dior – makeup is inspired by Lauren Bacall, so it’s very 1950s but modernized. It has that sleepy eye effect with the lashes, I think they used individuals on the outer corner. Eye colours are lavender or bright orange with frosty white, the lips are red (with orange undertone)
5) Jean Paul Gaultier – smoky brown/bronze, very earthy, no blush, contoured cheeks and pale lips
6) Karl Lagerfeld – off white eyeshadow, red lips, bleached brows and black liner on lower lashline. The look is very clean, crisp and precise
7) Marc by Marc Jacobs – very natural, no-makeup makeup with pink/fuschia lips, skin is sheen.
8 ) Max Azria – no makeup makeup, very clean, fresh natural looking..skin is sheen and see through
9) Michael Kors – yellow gold with purple, thin crisp black liner on the top lid and waterline. Pale, matte skin, frosty light pink/purplish lips, purple/plum on outer v, and light blue in the middle eyelid, no blush, orangy contour
10) Prada – bleached brows, orangy red lips, no makeup makeup elsewhere, skin is sheen, probably highlight the inner corner
11) Nina Ricci – bleached brow, sheen, luminous skin, pale beigy lips, dark brown on the inner up to the brow and gradually goes into light beige shimmer
12) Roberto Cavalli – extreme winged liner, pale nude lip, skin is sheen, contoured cheekbones, brown/bronze eyeshadow up to brow
13) Ralph Lauren – no-makeup makeup
14) Vera Wang – no-makeup makeup with but strong brows
15) Zac Posen – eyelids are very light, brown on the crease, no liner, just mascara, rosy blush cheeks to temples, rosy lips
So these are the 15 designers that I love. I probably will do 2-4 makeup inspired by their runway shows. I’ll do the haute couture tomorrow..=)
Overall I think there’s a lot of no-makeup makeup look – very natural and fresh. Colour choices seem to lean towards the purple family – to the cooler side for the eyes, for the lips: pale nude lips seem to stay, red lips are coming back, but in the warmer orange tone. For neutrals there’s a lot of bronze, browns and beige. I have to say I quite like this year spring runway RTW makeup. It’s very fresh, very youthful but not too bright. I think the choice of the cooler purple is pretty nice (lavender, lilac, royal purple).