Clarisonic MIA – week 1
1) My apology for MIA-ing this week. I’m re-starting my Obagi Clenziderm system and my skin gets really dry and yucky. My skin looks dull due to the dry skin.
2) Therefore, I bugged my sister for the overdue bday present that she owed me (my bday was in feb!), and she finally gave me my bday present 2 days a go. She bought me Clarisonic MIA (not missing in action)! I don’t know why she bought me the pink one, but hey, I think part of the $$ goes to the Breast Cancer Research society, so good for her!
After a few research, I heard good reviews about this machine. Basically Clarisonic Mia is an electronic facial brush. The brush supposedly help to deep cleanse your skin and remove away dead skins (which I very much need). Let’s see what they say about this product from Sephora’s website:
A travel-friendly, professional-quality skincare brush.
What it does:
From the creators of the Sonicare® toothbrush comes the Clarisonic® Mia set, featuring the handy to-go sized version of the original, groundbreaking Clarisonic Brush. Sonic technology first changed the way we clean our teeth, now it’s changing how we cleanse our skin. The sonic frequency moves Clarisonic’s soft, gentle brush back and forth at more than 300 times per second, thoroughly clearing pores and skin surface.
Here are some of the benefits this revolutionary skincare tool delivers:
– Removes makeup six times better than traditional methods.
– Clears pores and reduces the appearance of pore size.
– Cleanses so thoroughly that skincare products absorb better.
– Creates noticeably healthier looking skin.
This set contains:
– Clarisonic Mia One Speed Brush
– International pLink™ charger for worldwide use
– Sensitive Brush Head
– 1.0 oz Gentle Hydro Cleanser
What else you need to know:
Clarisonic should be used as part of a daily skincare regimen to provide smoother feeling and looking skin. It is ideal for all skin types, and used and recommended by leading dermatologists and cosmetic surgeons.
Picture is courtesy of Clarisonic (http://www.clarisonic.com/us/shop/sonic-cleansing-system-mia.php)
So, there’re different type of Clarisonic: classic, pro, plus, limited ed. classic and mia. I’m happy that my sis bought the Mia because it’s really handy for travelling.
Price wise, clarisonic mia is the cheaper among the other clarisonics, I still find it pretty pricy: $149 before taxes.
Anyhow, the way I used this for the past 2 days is to apply my cleanser on the brush and then massage it all around my face. I’ve only used this twice. There isn’t much noticeable difference YET, but I’m hoping to see a difference in my skin in a few weeks. Washing my face with Mia felt great! It’s like a gentle massage. Most of my dry skin patches were gone and I don’t feel so yucky anymore. lol..(my skin condition: combination, blemishes mostly on the forehead, blackheads on the nose, dry skin patches on the cheeks, and large pores)
I’m excited to see the result in a few weeks! Have you tried Clarisonic? How do you feel about it? Leave comments!