Swirls, Crystals and Lashes
Last Saturday I had the chance to do makeup for Asiana Hair Salon grand opening (100 Main St. E). I had to do 2 makeup – Asian bridal and a creative. In the beginning, I wasn’t quite sure as to what I’m going to do with the model since I was told to do whatever I want. Tayler, a beautiful 14-year old who’s 5′ 9″ walked into the salon and KJ (the owner) decided to make her wear a Afro wig.
I was going to go for something more clean, but since she’s going to wear the Afro, I decided to go for something more colorful and just fun.
Tayler is a lot of fun to work with. She reminds me of Angelina Jolie ;).
1) Applied foundation L’oreal Tru Match in W1 all over her face.
2) Concealed her undereye circle with Ben Nye concealer wheel in the lightest salmon
3) Applied MAC Noir Plum on the crease with a blending brush
4) Applied MAC Apricot on the lid
5) Applied a matte black eyeshadow on the crease with a small shader brush to add depth to the crease
6) Using Kat Von D liquid liner, drew small circles and swirls on one side of the face. Then add crystals/rhinestones as desired using eyelash glue
7) Applied Ben Nye Cosmic on the lower lid of the other eye.
8) Applied false eyelashes on both top and lower lashes. Then applied mascara
9) Erased the lips using concealer.
10) Blush on the side of the face that does not have swirls on it.