Yes, yes. I know, Harry’s been out for almost 2 weeks and only now I made this whole Harry Potter inspired tutorials. I wasn’t actually planning to do a Harry Potter inspired tutorials, but I was playing with such pretty colours! I couldn’t resist to name this one after Slytherin. 😀
I know Slytherin’s colour is green and silver/grey. However, I think if I were in Syltherin, I would want to be darker and more mysterious, instead of brighter. That shall explain the lack of a brighter green in the tutorial. At the same time, I want this to be a wearable look. Something that a witch would wear 😛
1. I applied MUFE Aqua cream colour in Silver all over my eyelid. I blended the edge using my ring finger.
2. Using a small eyeshadow brush, I applied the silver part of Nars Dogon eyeshadow on the inner corner of the lid.
3. Using the other side of the same brush, I applied Lancome Strut eyeshadow to the rest of the lid.
4. Using Smashbox bullet brush, I applied the darker teal colour of Nars Dogon on the outer V. Using an angled brush I applied this shadow on the upper lashline.
5. Realizing that the camera couldn’t pick up much green from the previous eyeshadows, I applied NYX Hunter Green eyeshadow in the middle of the upper eyelid.
6. I re-applied NARS Dogon (silver) on the inner corner of the eyelid.
7. I lined my waterline using MAC Smolder pencil liner.
8. I smudged MAC Smolder pencil liner on my lower lashline. Then, using a pencil brush, I applied MAC Club eyeshadow on top of the smudged eyeliner.
9. I curled my lashes and applied Maybelline XXL Curl mascara.
10. Using a damped beauty blender sponge, I applied MUFE HD Foundation in 123.
11. I used Benefit Hoola to lightly contour the hollow of my cheeks, and applied Benefit Coralista for a little colour on the cheeks.
12. The look was completed by applying Tarte Lipsurgence in Exposed.