Today, while doing some shopping @ the Mall with my lovely Liz, I stepped into the forbidden place…SEPHORA! I grabbed NARS Rated-R, paid and left! It was painful! I wanted so many more products…but I can’t. I’ve to be strong and keep walking pass everything else…lol
Anyway…I grabbed this eyeshadow duo because I wanted to do a wearable colour-blocking tutorial. This duo set is beautiful! I do find the colours to be a bit chalky, but I still end up loving it (bf too! 😀 ). Colour payoff is beautiful, you can keep layering it so that the colour gets brighter, and it’s easy to blend. The duo consists of 1) chartreuse eyeshadow, similar to MAC Bitter; and 2) a blue eyeshadow
Now for this look, since the attention is on the eyes, you might want to keep everything else pretty muted. I try to keep the skin to be dewy and light. Also, very little liner to none at all. Since I must have my eyeliners on, I kept it to the minimum. A little flush on the cheeks and natural lips to finish it all.
1. I applied UD Primer Potion in Champagne all over my eyelid up to the brow bone.
2. Then, using a flat eyeshadow brush, I applied the chartreuse part to the upper eyelid.
3. Using a pencil brush, I applied the blue part to the lower lid.
3. I applied Annabelle black pencil liner to my waterline.
4. Using an angled brush, I applied Smashbox Blackout eyeshadow on my upper lashline.
5. I curled my lashes using Shu Uemura eyelash curler and applied Maybelline XXL Curl mascara.
6. I applied Clarins Everlasting foundation using a damped beauty blender sponge all over my face.
7. I applied MUFE Face Luminizer Gel in Uplight (no. 12) on top of my cheekbones and on the bridge of my nose.
8. Using a powder brush, I applied Dior Natural Glow Fresh Powder on my T-zone area.
9. I applied NARS Orgasm blush on my cheeks, and NARS Laguna on the hollow of my cheeks and temples.
10. The look is completed by applying Lancome L’absolu Nu in 303.