Kim Kardashian Inspired
Warning: this is a long tutorial
Today’s tutorial is quite over the top with the full on smoky eyes and full face. It was inspired by Kim K. She always have that highlighted look on her face and a really nice smoky eyes. I’ve used this technique for brides and they’ve ended up loving it. It might look like it’s a lot of makeup, but once everything is blended properly, it gives a flawless finish. This technique also photographs beautifully, and it gives a nice glow to the face.
My highlighting and contouring technique is learnt from the great Kevin Aucoin and Scott Barnes. I probably should have gone a bit darker with the foundation for contouring, but oh well. 😛
1. Prep your face with moisturizer and primer. I’d suggest going with Smashbox Photo Primer for wedding day.
2. I primed my lid with UD Primer Potion so that the eyeshadows will last all day long without creasing.
3. Using Smasbox Smokebox eyelights palette and an eyeshadow brush, I applied the lightest colour all over my lid, up to my brow bone.
4. I applied Lancome Volcano eyeshadow all over my eyelid using an eyeshadow brush.
5. Using a small shader brush, I applied the medium colour from the Smashbox Smokebox eyelights palette on the upper lashline and the other corner of my eyes.
6. Using a clean blending brush, I blended the medium colour into the inner corner of the eyes. You can repeat step 5 & 6 until you reached desired intensity.
7. I applied Lancome Volcano eyeshadow on my lower lid.
8. Using a black pencil eyeliner from Annabelle, I lined my waterline and upper lashline.
9. I set the eyeliner by using the black eyeshadow from Smashbox Smokebox palette. This will help to keep the eyeliner on the waterline from smudging.
10. I curled my lashes using Shu Uemura eyelash curler and applied 2 coats of CoverGirl Lashblast mascara. You may apply false eyelashes at this step if you want.
11. Using a small synthetic brush (or a concealer brush), I applied CoverFX cream foundation in M20 under my eyes, in the center of my forehead, across my cheekbones and on the bridge of my nose.
12. Using the same brush, I applied MAC full coverage foundation in NC55 on the hollow of my cheeks, on the side of my nose, under my jaw and on my temple.
13. Using a damped beauty blender sponge, I applied CoverFX cream foundation in M50 (matches my skin tone) and blended everything on my face.
14. I set my foundation by applying CoverFX translucent powder on my face using a small powder brush. I tapped/rolled the powder brush on my face, and dust off any excess powder.
15. Using MAC Fix spray, I sprayed my face and let the moisture absorbs any excess powder. Then, I blot my face using facial tissue.
16. I applied MAC Truth and Light powder on my cheekbones and down on the bridge of my nose.
17. I applied NARS Orgasm blush on my cheeks.
18. The look is completed by applying Revlon Mauve It Over lipstick.