My Favorite Beauty Products of 2011 – foundation, blush and lipstick
So, a Happy New Year to all of you! I hope your New Year was more exciting than mine..lol..I spent mine on the bed trying to get over my fever..anyhow! Let’s start this year’s first post with my fave. beauty product for 2011. The beauty industry is a multi-billion dollars industry! So many products out there and so little money :P…
I love some of the products that I currently owned, and I hated some! So, hopefully in this list, you may find some products that you might like to try! 🙂
Foundation (according to preference):
1. NARS Sheer Glow/Matte – sheer glow during winter when my skin is quite dry, and sheer matte for the summer. This foundation has an amazing glowy/dewy finish to it. My go-to foundation when I’m in a rush. My colour is Stromboli.
2. Lancome Teint Miracle – definitely stole my heart. This is my foundation whenever I’m going out for a date or meeting a client. My colour is Buff 7W. Beautiful finish, very natural looking and matched my skin colour perfectly. This foundation ties with NARS Sheer matte for the no. 1 spot for my fave. foundation.
3. L’oreal Tru Match – my go-to foundation for client makeup application. Very similar to MUFE HD Foundation, but I think this line has more yellow undertone, which I prefer compared to MUFE. Very reasonable price, which is good for me if I ever need to stock up my makeup kit. The finish is dewy, the coverage is buildable and has a great range of colour. My colour for this line is W4.
4. Smashbox 15-hour Studio Skin foundation – colour matches my skin beautifully! Buildable coverage and very nice velvety finish. My colour is 2.3. Definitely a great foundation that lasts the whole day. Love it!
5. Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation – my colour is 5.5. I don’t actually love this foundation because it’s waaaay to pink in every single freaking colour. However, I corrected the colour using Coastal scent colour corrector and managed to match this foundation to my skin colour. I ended up loving it! The finish is simply breathtaking. I don’t know if I’ll buy it again, but for sure I’m going to keep using the one that I have. Photographs beautifully!
1. Benefit Coralista – this is my favorite blush by far. Beautiful coral colour with a nice glow. It gives just enough glow on the cheeks. Very pretty to be worn in the summer and winter. My no. 1 go-to blush.
2. MAC Dainty – I always use this blush whenever I’m in doubt. It has a nice peachy colour which suits my undertone. Nice sheen but not overpowering to the point where I look oily.
3. MAC Breezy – for those with dark skin, this is the perfect blush for you (I think). The colour just brings so much live to your face when you apply this. Very vibrant cranberry-ish colour.
4. Revlon Berry Flirtatious – for those with dry skin, this cream blush will work for you. I usually apply this when I just want the cheeks to look flush. You can apply it sheer or build it up. Very pretty colour, easily blendable.
5. Tarte Blissful – good for your skin and very pretty peachy colour. Very thin packaging, so it’s very convenient for traveling.
1. Tarte Lipsurgence lip pencil – I love this products! My fave colours are: Hope, Exposed and Lively. Minty, refreshing, moisturizing and amazing pigment pay-off. It doesn’t even feel like I’m wearing anything!
2. Gosh Nougat Velvet lipstick – Very pretty flesh colour if your lips are very red like mine. Very pretty packaging too! 😀
3. Revlon Mauve It Over – this is a definite fave. of mine for bridal application. Mauve colour, very pretty in pictures and for wedding makeup.
4. MAC Dare You – my absolute fav. red lipstick. It’s not a bright red, it’s more on the maroon side I think. I just love it since it’s not too bright but it still makes my teeth look white due to the blue undertone. It also has a creamy finish, so my lips don’t look cracky and dry, since it’s already cracky and dry to begin with..hehehe..
5. Lancome L’absolu Nu in 201 – nude with a peachy undertone perfect for my skintone!