Bobbi’s Spring Picks by Bobbi Brown
It has been almost 3 weeks ever since I craved for the Rose Gold collection by Bobbi Brown. Today, I finally managed to get my hands on the cream shadow! At first, I only wanted to get the Rose Gold Long-Wear Cream Shadow, but, the sales girl told me that I’m better off with the Bobbi’s Spring Picks which contain a pretty little bag, eye cream, makeup remover, the cream shadow, a gel liner and a brush for $98.
Anyhow! I do have to say, I do love the colour of the Rose Gold shadow. I think it flatters those with light-medium skin tone. The pink shadow has a gold undertone to it and it won’t make you look sickly. I know a lot of Oriental brides like to add pink to their eye makeup, this colour might actually work. It’s soft and pretty, plus it lasts the whole day! Pair it with the gel liner, this combo is definitely long lasting. If you want to do your own makeup for your wedding day, this tutorial might help. The colour palette here is soft and natural, yet you’ll still be a glowy bride. It’s so easy, you won’t get frustrated! 🙂
1. Apply a foundation primer if you have an oily skin. If you have a dry skin, apply moisturizer.
2. Using a damped beauty blender sponge, I applied Chanel Teint Innocence.
3. Using the brush from the collection, I applied Rose Gold Long-Wear Cream Shadow on my eyelids. I used my ring finger to blend the shadow.
4. I applied the same shadow to my lower lid using the same brush.
5. Using a small angled brush, I applied Caviar Ink gel liner on my upper lashline.
6. I used a Q-tip and ran it along the liner to soften the line.
7. You can apply the liner along the waterline if you want to define your eyes. I applied MAC Powersurge on my waterline to get rid of the pinkiness. This also helps to open up the eyes and makes it look bigger.
8. I curled my lashes and applied MAC Zoom lash mascara on my upper lashes. As I blinked, the mascara was transferred to my lower lashes.
9. I filled my brows with Anastasia Brow Wiz.
10. I applied Giorgio Armani Master Corrector no. 2 on my under-eye circles.
11. I also highlighted the bridge of my nose, my cheekbones, my brow bone and cupid bows using Chanel Eclat Lumiere.
12. Using a blush brush, I applied Blush Horizon de Chanel on my cheeks.
13. Using the same blush brush, I lightly applied Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Rose Gold on my cheekbones and swept it across the lid. If you have oily skin, you might want to skip this step, and applied powder instead.
14. The look is completed by applying Revlon Raspberry Pie lip butter to my lips.
ps: Also, I recently get my hair trimmed, and I feel that the bangs were a little too short. Nevertheless, I was happy with how the hair turns out! My hairstylist, Vera, took her time to add the layers in. I love how my hair looks fuller and healthier :). Go check her out at Hairem Salon in Locke Street, Hamilton, ON. She is simply AMAZING!