What’s better than a red lips look, you ask? Why, it’s the orange lips look for the upcoming spring/summer season! I was quite hesitant as how I was going to approach this look, since I find the orange colour might not be as flattering as the pretty models on the runway. I mustered the courage as I picked up the MAC Entertain Me lip liner just this weekend. I do love orange colour, and I wasn’t quite sure why I was so worried about the look since I LOVE IT! I think it’s less harsh looking than red lips, yet as fun as fuschia lips.
I paired the look down by just applying sheer makeup for the rest of the face. I chose Revlon Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti because my lips are quite dry and I don’t really want a matte orange lips look. The lipstick does not provide much colour, most of the colour comes from the lipliner.
1. I applied Chanel Teint Innocence foundation all over my face using my finger tips. If you have dry lips, you’ll want to apply lip balm first.
2. I dotted Clarins Instant Light Blush in Vitamin Pink on my cheeks, and I blended it on my face using a stipling brush from MAC.
3. Then, I curled my lashes and applied MAC Zoom Lash mascara on both my upper and lower lashes.
4. I filled my brows in with Anastasia Brow Wiz.
5. I lined my lips using MAC Entertain Me lip liner, and then I filled in my entire lips area using the same lip liner.
6. Using a lip brush, I applied several coats of Revlon Tutti Frutti Lip Butter on my lips.
7. I grabbed a klenex, and separated the sheet into 2. I hold one of the sheets against my lips and I powdered my lips with a translucent loose powder. This helps to lock the lipstick in place.