Mangorange for Spring 2012
Just to keep up with the Spring theme from last week, I’ve been loving these pastel eyeshadow looks from the Spring 2012 runways, especially when the weather is quite moody outside. Today, I decided to finally try my Sisley Phyto-ombre eclat eyeshadow in Mango! I bought this shadow last year, but it was cast aside collecting dust.
As you may know, wearing pastels can be tricky since you can look too clownish or the colour might be too chalky. I, however, found that the shadow that I used in this tutorial is just perfect for my skin tone. If you’re lighter than me, then probably this colour will be good for you as well. If you’re darker than me, then you might want to find a darker orange/mango colour (I believe MAC has some great ones: Call Me Bubbles from the SHOP MAC collection).
It’s not too bright, but it’s not washed out either. It’s a pretty colour if you want to try to wear pastel but doesn’t want to overdo it. Also, you can add more depth and colour for a night-out by applying a Bronze shadow on the crease, as shown on the last pictures. 2 tutorials for the price of 1! I’m on fire! 😛
I hope you guys will enjoy the tutorial! 🙂
1. I applied Giorgio Armani Silk foundation all over my face using a damped beauty blender sponge.
2. I applied Makeup Forever Uplight face luminizer gel on my eyelids all the way to my brow bone using my ring finger.
3. Using a flat eyeshadow brush, I applied Sisley Phyto-Ombre Eclat Mango eyeshadow on my eyelid. I blended the shadow using the same brush, and applied whatever is left on the brush to my lower lid.
4. Using L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner in black, I lined my waterline and tightline.
5. I curled my lashes and applied Bobbi Brown Extreme Party mascara on both upper and lower lashes.
6. I applied Benefit Hervana blush on my cheeks and dabbed Revlon Tutti Frutti lip butter on my lips for a bit of colour.
7. To make it into a night look, I used a clean blending brush and applied MAC Bronze eyeshadow onto my crease and outer corner.
8. I used a clean blending brush to ensure that the edges were blended properly.