Smoky Eyes Asian style
My friend, Finency, sent me a tweet pic of an asian girl wearing smoky eyes which focused more on the lower lid. The pic isn’t that clear and heavily photoshoped, but I think this is what she wants. This is quite a typical smoky eyes you’ll find in most Japanese/Taiwanese magazines, very heavy on the outer V and lower lid with black eyeshadow to make the eyes look bigger.
I ran out of my individual lashes, so I didn’t apply any on my bottom lashes. In the picture that she sent me, though, the model has individual lashes on the outer half of the lower lashes. I think it’ll add a lot more drama if you add those lashes at the bottom 🙂
It’s quite a long tutorial, but the key to this look is blending! and keep the rest of the face simple since the eyes are very heavy.
1. I prepped my lid by applying MAC Powersurge eyeliner on the eyelid. I blended the liner using my finger tips to ensure that there’s no harsh edge.
2. Using a flat eyeshadow brush and Urban Decay Naked 2 palette, I applied Snakebite eyeshadow all over the lid.
3. Using a very small flat shader brush, I applied Urban Decay Blackout eyeshadow on the outer V of the eyes. I applied this with my eyes opened so I can see where I’ll place the crease.
4. Using a clean blending brush, I blended the black eyeshadow using a small circular motion towards the crease.
5. Using an angled brush, I made a winged liner using Urban Decay Blackout eyeshadow.
6. I lined my waterline and tightline using Urban Decay Perversion 24/7 Glide-on eyeliner.
7. Using the same liner as the step above, I applied in on the outer half of my lower lashline. You can make it as thick as you want.
8. Using a clean angled brush, I pulled the eyeliner on the step above towards the inner corner.
9. I applied Urban Decay Blackout eyeshadow on the lower lashline, blending it as I go along.
10. I applied Urban Decay Suspect eyeshadow on the inner corner of the eyelid to highlight the area.
11. I filled it my brows using Anastasia brow wiz.
12. I applied Echo’s eyelash in SF (bought it from a Korean lady).
13. I applied Giorgio Armani Silk foundation all over the face.
14. I applied Smashbox Contour palette on my face, using the instruction leaflet as a guide (contour, highlight and bronzer).
15. I applied Benefit Hervana on the apples of the cheeks and finished the look off by applying Revlon Mauve It Over lipstick on the lips