Chanel Kaska Beige
A request from a reader was to create a tutorial for pageant beauty. I’ve done a few girls for beauty pageant – Ms. Universe Canada 2011 a few years back. They asked the makeup artists to create a “natural’ look or I should say an “earthy” makeup. They asked for a brown/bronze smoky eyes with nude lips. The focus of “natural” I think is on the skin. They want the girls to have beautiful flawless skin. So, the idea of this look is to create a beautiful skin with focus on the eyes.
You might or might not get disappointed with this look if you’re looking for a beauty pageant makeup, but I hope this helps! This look definitely works for bridal makeup and prom as well!
The eyeshadows I used is Chanel Kaska Beige quads. I love this palette and if you wanted to get eyeshadows from Chanel, get this one! This palette works for everything from natural to smoky, date night look to bridal makeup! Excellent pigmentation, beautiful finish and very versatile! 🙂
1. If this is for bridal/prom/beauty pageant, you want to prime your face and eyelids. My faves: foundation primer from Smashbox or from NARS, and for the lids I used Urban Decay Primer Potion.
2. I applied the medium beige colour using a flat eyeshadow brush (as shown on pictures) on the inner corner of the eyelids. This will brighten up and open up the eyes.
3. Next, I applied the light plum colour on the center of the lid using a flat eyeshadow brush. You can use your finger if you want.
4. I applied the darkest colour on the outer corner of the lid.
5. To blend the edges between the 3 eyeshadows, you can use your ring finger. I used a clean blending brush, placed it in between the edge and swiped it with a left-right motion gently.
6. After all the colours are blended, I used the same blending brush to blend the outer (Darkest) colour towards the crease.
7. Using an angled brush, I applied the light plum colour on the lower lids.
8. Using the same angled brush, I ran through the darkest colour along the lashline on both top and bottom lid.
9. Using a clean angled brush, I applied Makeup Forever Aqua Black cream liner on my upper lashline. This is to define my eyes and create an illusion of bigger eyes on picture. This product is waterproof and will stay on the whole day!
10. I curled my lashes and applied mascara. Then, I applied False eyelashes by QUO (full lashes in 800). This falsies is a bit too long for me, I usually will cut it, but since it’s only for tutorial I didn’t.
11. Next, I pinched my real lashes to the false lashes together so that there’s no apparent gap between the 2. Then, I brush my eyebrows and filled it in using Anastasia Brow Wiz.
12. Once finished with my eyes, I applied Chanel Teint Innocence foundation with Sephora Mineral Foundation brush. I buffed the foundation to my skin to create an even coverage.
13. At this stage, you may apply your corrector/concealer to cover any flaws – Giorgio Armani Master Corrector no. 2 under my eyes and MAC studio pot concealer for blemishes
14. You can also contour your face at this stage. I used Chanel Universal Bronzer and Sephora Face Contour brush on the hollows of my cheeks and temples.
15. I highlighter my cheekbones and the bridge of my nose by applying MAC Pearl cream based on the face using my ring finger.
16. Using a flat foundation brush, I applied Revlon Very Berry cream blush on the cheeks.
17. After all the cream based products are all blended properly, I used a big powder brush and slowly rolled and dabbed translucent powder to set. I dusted off any excess powder.
18. I applied Gosh Nougat Lipstick to complete the look.
For the hair:
1. Using a 1-inch curling iron, I curled all my hair, leaving the ends. Once it cooled down, I ran my fingers through the hair gently and pinned the sides up.
2. For the 2nd look, I created a high bun (after curling the hair) using a rolled sock for volume, while leaving my bangs out. Then I wore a thin headband that has a little sparkling accessories on it.