A Hint of Mint
I saw a picture of a really cool eye makeup on my facebook a few days a go, and I told myself that I was going to do an inspired look by that makeup this weekend. So I did! I didn’t save the picture and I don’t remember who posted that look, but what I remembered the most from the picture what the mint green eyeshadow in the inner corner of the eyes. I had fun doing the tutorial since it’s such a fresh take on a bright eyeshadow. Enjoy the tutorial! 🙂
1. I prep my face by applying NARS Pore Refining Primer all over my face using my fingers, and let it sit on the skin for a minute or two.
2. Then, I applied L’oreal Magic Lumi on the high points of the face and on the cheeks area.
3. Using a synthetic concealer brush, I applied Maybelline Edgy Emerald Colour Tattoo on the inner corner of my eyes.
4. I applied Urban Decay Half Baked eyeshadow on the center of the eyelid, feathering the edges as I reached the outer corner.
5. Using a mixture of Urban Decay Underground eyeshadow and Lancome Volcano eyeshadow, I applied it to my outer corner and crease using a clean blending brush.
6. To make the colour on my inner corner popped, I applied the teal eyeshadow from Cover Girl Tropical Fusion quad palette on top of the Maybelline Edgy Emerald.
7. I cleaned the brush that I used on no. 6 and blended the teal shadow and the bronze shadow so that there’s no harsh line separating the 2 colours.
8. I repeated step 3-7 on the lower lid.
9. Then, using Smashbox bullet brush, I applied a matte black eyeshadow (I used Smashbox Blackout) on the outer V of the eyes, and on the outer corner of my lower lid for added intensity.
10. Using a clean angled eyeliner brush, I applied Makeup Forever Aqua Black on my upper lashline, winging the end to give a little cat effect look. I also used this product on my waterline and tightline to define the shape of my eyes.
11. I curled my lashes using Urban Decay eyelash curler, and applied Diorshow New Look mascara on both top and lower lashes.
12. Then, I proceed by completing my face makeup. Using a damped beauty blender sponge, I applied Giorgio Armani Silk Foundation all over my skin.
13. To get rid of the dark under eyes circles, I applied Giorgio Armani Master Corrector no. 2.
14. I, then, fill in my brows using an angled brush and Aloette Brow Works trio (I think that’s what it’s called, the name has been rubbed off from the container..lol)
15. I applied Chanel Universal Bronzer along the outer perimeter of my face, and under the cheeks.
16. Using a clean foundation brush, I applied Revlon Rosy Glow cream blush on my cheeks, blending it towards the temple.
17. Using a small brush, I applied translucent powder under my eyes to set my concealer. Using a powder brush, I applied the powder along my T-zone to get rid of excess shine.
18. The look is completed by applying Lancome La Absolu Nu in 201.