Wearable Cat-Eye Liner
Last weekened, I was lucky to be able to take part in a photoshoot with Daniela Majic. Perhaps some of you might remember that a few years a go I worked with her for a fairy-tale themed shoot. I love working with Daniela since she has so much imagination running through her minds. What’s even better is that she’s one of the few women photographers that work in the industry.
So, Daniela showed me a few inspirational pictures and she wanted to do a very cat-eye look with red lips. Who else does a better eyeliner than the great and almighty Adele?! I looked through a few pictures of Adele. Went to do the shoot, left all happy and excited to see the results!
Since I just bought a few stuffs from Shopper’s and Sephora, I thought I’ll do a tutorial similar to the shoot, but more wearable 🙂
Let me just start by saying that L’oreal Voluminous Eyeliner is a piece of junk! This liquid liner is a hard-tip felt liner. It’s nowhere near thin nor precise. It was sold as a free gift if you buy the L’oreal False Lashes mascara, and I’m grateful I didn’t pay for this crappy eyeliner. I’m very disappointed in this liner! It should be banned from the shell!
Also, this look is really awesome for those of you who want to make your eyes look bigger. 🙂
1. I applied Stila 10-in-1 HD Beauty Balm cream all over my face. I used Sigma Round Kabuki brush to buff it in to my skin.
2. Since I have a zit right in between my brows, I proceed in applying CoverFX cream foundation using Sigma Precision Flat brush. I used the same product and brush for my under eye circles.
3. I applied YSL cream blush in no. 2 by applying it to my cheeks and blending it towards the temples using my fingers.
4. Using a flat eyeshadow brush, I applied the Peach colour from Chanel Eclosion eyeshadow quad.
5. Using a clean blending brush, I applied the darkest Plum colour from the same quad on the outer corner of the eyes, blending it towards the crease.
6. I applied the peach colour on the inner corner of the lower lid using a small shader brush, and applied the plum colour along the lashline using an angled eyeliner brush.
7. Then, I applied L’oreal Voluminous eyeliner along my upper lashline. Since the angled tip is too big to make a flick/winged, I have to resort back to my angled eyeliner brush. Then I used whatever is left on the brush on the outer half of the lower lid, connecting the bottom and the top liner together.
8. I curled my lashes and applied L’oreal Voluminous False Lashes mascara. I think the name Voluminous should be removed from this mascara. It’s nowhere near voluminous. I do have to say that it did lengthens my lashes like crazy!
9. After mascara application, I decided to add on falsies from MAC (not sure which one, but it’s the one with black and brown lashes). After applying falsies, I pinched my real lashes to the falsies gently to avoid separation.
10. To complete the look, I finished it off by applying a vaseline on my lips.