Smashbox Focal Point
I received a few prom makeup requests and since I just got my hands on the Smashbox Focal Point, I’ll be showing you how to use this trio eyeshadow palette…:) I think Prom makeup should be light and easy…The focus should be on you and not the makeup. Also, since usually prom occurs at night, keep in mind that there’ll be a lot of flash photography going on. For me, I like to define my eyes, so I love to line my eyes with black eyeliner. Of course, you don’t have to do this. I’ve done looks that’s more natural looking.
1. I primed my lids using Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin
2. Using a flat eyeshadow brush, I applied Smashbox Flamingo (from the Smashbox Focal Point palette) all over the eyes. This is a very pretty peachy-orange eyeshadow.
3. I applied Smashbox Java (the brown from the Smashbox Focal Point palette) along my upper and lower lash lines by using a pencil brush. Then I blended this shadow by using a clean Smashbox bullet brush (I ran it through the line about 2-3x).
4. To blend the edge of the crease, I applied Smashbox Champage (from the Smashbox Focal Point palette) with a blending brush going all the way up to the brow bones.
5. I lined my upper lash line and waterline using MAC Smolder eyeliner. To make sure that this eyeliner stay all night long, I applied Smashbox Blackout single eyeshadow on top of the liner using an angled brush. If you have very watery eyes, I suggest lining the eyes using Makeup Forever Aqua Black.
6. I curled my lashes using Tweezerman eyelash curler and applied Diorshow New Look mascara on both top and bottom lashes.
7. I buffed Smashbox 15-hour studio foundation all over my face using a Sigma Flat Kabuki brush. If you have a dry skin, use a damped sponge instead.
8. I placed 2-3 dots of GOSH 2-in-1 cream blush/lipstick in Back in Nature on my cheeks. I blended it towards the temple using my finger tips. I also applied this to my lips.
9. I applied Chanel Universal Bronzer on the outer perimeter of my face (hollow of the cheeks, temples and jawline) to add a bit of depth and glow. I also run this lightly to the side of my nose using Sigma Precision Angled brush.
10. If you have oily skin, press some translucent/blotting powder on your face to ensure the makeup stays. Although, I do find the Smashbox 15-hour foundation does stay on all night long, without having the need to powder. So, it’s your call! 🙂