Tropical Fusion – revisited
I have a love-hate relationship with my Cover Girl Tropical Fusion palette. I love the bright colours, but I hate how the pigments colour pay-off isn’t that great and it hardly stays on the skin! I’ve done a tutorial using this palette here, but I feel that I need to re-do it with more punch and more fun!
It’s kinda gloomy and rainy here in Hamilton, so I decided to do something bright and fun to lift up my spirit 😀
1. I applied Chanel Epatant Illusion D’ombre eyeshadow all over my lid as a primer.
2. Next, I applied the peach eyeshadow from the Cover Girl Tropical Fusion palette on the inner corner, the teal on the center and the blue on the outer corner.
3. To blend the colours together, I used a clean blending brush and pressed the edge where the 2 shadows meet very gently. You might have to repeat step 2-3 several times to get the colours to really pop. I think I had to re-apply and re-blend everything at least 3 times.
4. Using an angled brush, I applied the green from NARS Rated R eyeshadow on the inner corner of the lower lid. I find that the lightest green from the Tropical Fusion is too chalky.
5. I used the same angled brush on step 4 and applied MAC Unflappable eyeshadow on the outer corner of the lower lid.
6. I lined my waterline using Urban Decay 24-7 Glide eyeliner in Perversion.
7. Using Kat Von D Trooper eyeliner, I created a wing on the upper lash line.
8. Using the same liner, I created a smaller wing on the lower lid, connecting it to the lower lash line.
9. I curled my lashes and applied Bobbi Brown Lash Glamour Extreme mascara on both top and lower lashes.
10. I applied Stila 10-in-1 HD BB cream all over my face using a Sigma Round Kabuki brush.
11. I applied Benefit Hervana blush lightly on the apples of my cheeks.
12. The look is completed by applying Tarte Lipsurgence in Exposed and a dab of vaseline.