Smashbox Hyperfocal – A Softer Look
This is another installment of my Smashbox Photo-Op Trio eyeshadows, which I absolutely love! So, when Smashbox decided to change their eyeshadows from singles to trios, to be honest I was quite upset. I mean, their singles are amazing and I don’t see why they have to come up with the trios. Boy, was I wrong! The trios are perfect! The shadows in the trio complement each other and FINALLY I was able to get my hands on the Obsidian eyeshadow that I’ve been looking for almost 2 months! I am still quite upset that they don’t have the Obsidian in singles! I still think that Smashbox should keep doing single shadows!
Anyhow, the Hyperfocal trio was my first Smashbox Photo-op trio eyeshadow. I’ve done another look here using the same trio, but more towards the smoky side. In this tutorial, I created a more softer look, very pretty for prom or weddings.
1. I applied Smashbox Hyperfocal in Rose all over my eyelid using a flat eyeshadow brush.
2. Using a pencil brush, I applied the same color on my lower lid.
3. Using an angled brush, I applied Smashbox Hyperfocal in Obsidian along my upper lash line and as close as possible to my lower lash line.
4. Using Smashbox Bullet brush, I blended the Obsidian towards the Rose shadow.
5. To define my eyes a bit more, I applied Urban Decay 24-7 Glide Liner in Perversion on my upper lash line and waterline.
6. I curled my lashes and applied Diorshow New Look mascara on both top and bottom lashes.
7. I applied Giorgio Armani Silk foundation all over my face using a Sigma Round Kabuki brush.
8. I applied Revlon Cream Blush in Rosy Glow on my cheeks, blending it towards the temple using my fingers.
9. I applied L’oreal Magic Lumi on the bridge of my nose, along my cheekbones, on my cupid bows and under my brows.
10. I completed the look by applying Revlon Mauve It Over lipstick on my lips. If you tend to be oily after several hours, I recommend applying powder all over your face to finish the makeup.