I went to Sephora yesterday to get several things, one of them is NARS Charade eyeshadow. I have a little mixed feeling about this eyeshadow duo. I love the colour combination and I think they are the prettiest colour in the world, yet I’m quite upset at the pigment pay-off. I guess this will look better on a fairer skin. It is a beautiful colour, and I have yet seen something like this before. The purple is very lovely and the rose colour is so pretty! I am like madly in love with them, and I will figure out to make these eyeshadows work on my skin! I feel that the pink has a more satin finish, and the purple is definitely matte. With all the bright colours that we’ve been seeing for Spring/Summer 2012, I like to do something more toned down. It’s dusty, rosy and pretty!
1. I applied L’ancome Teint Miracle foundation all over my skin using a damped Beauty Blender sponge.
2. I applied Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage in SC-3 under my eyes using the Beauty Blender sponge.
3. I primed my eyelids using Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin using my ring finger.
4. Using a MAC 239 brush, I applied the rosy eyeshadow from the Charade duo on the inner corner of the lid.
5. Using a clean MAC 239 brush, I applied the purple shadow on the outer half of the lid.
6. I blended the edge of the two shadows by using MAC 217 brush, and blended the purple on the crease.
7. I applied the same combination – rose shadow on the inner corner and purple on the outer corner, on the lower lid using a pencil brush.
8. Since the look is very soft, I applied Makeup Forever Aqua Eyes liner in 6L (a plum liner) instead of a black one. I lined my waterline and upper lash line with this liner.
9. I applied Diorshow New Look mascara on top and bottom lashes.
10. Lastly, I applied Revlon Berry Flirtatious cream blush on the cheeks and Revlon Raspberry Pie Lip butter on the lips.