The Sun and the Sky
Today I thought I’d do a bright colour tutorial since lately I’ve been doing more of a neutral, earthy look. I used these 2 colours, blue and yellow, since they complement each other, and I love how the green shadow shows up as soon as you blend the 2 colours together.
1. (not in picture) I applied NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk all over my eyelid as a base. I used my ring finger to blend this evenly and to take any excess off. If you don’t blend this shadow properly, your eyeshadows might crease.
2. Next, using a flat eyeshadow brush, I applied Makeup Forever no. 71 on the inner half of the lid (both upper and lower).
3. Using a clean flat eyeshadow brush, I applied MAC Electric Eel on the outer half of the lid (both upper and lower).
4. Using a clean blending brush, I blended the edge where the 2 colours met and also blended the shadows up to the crease.
5. I added MAC Deep Truth on the outer V of the eyes with a small angled shadow brush just to add a little bit more depth.
6. Using an angled liner brush, I applied Smashbox Blackout eyeshadow as a liner. I applied Bobbi Brown Lash Glamour Extreme Mascara on both top and bottoms lashes.
7. I applied MAC Matchmaster foundation all over my face using my fingers, starting from the center of my face blending it outwards.
8. Since I’ve not been sleeping much lately, I’ve a lot of darkness under my eyes. I concealed my under eye circles by applying L’oreal Touche Magique and L’oreal Magic Lumi concealer/corrector.
9. I applied Chanel Universal Bronzer around the outside perimeter of my face using a small contour brush.
10. I also applied just a touch of Chanel Blush de Horizon along my cheeks using a blush brush.
11. I filled my brows using Anastasia Brow wiz.
12. I added some highlight under my brows and on my cheekbones using a fan brush and Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Rose Gold.
13. The look is completed by applying Tarte Lipsurgence in Exposed.