Oh My Coralness!
This is definitely my go-to palette for this Summer! I bought Chanel Eclosion a few months a go, and I did a tutorial here after I first bought it. The peach/coral colour from this palette is so pretty and the plum compliments my dark brown eyes. I love the coral shadow since it has enough orange tone that’s very trendy for Summer 2012 and enough gold undertone to make my eyes look brighter. I find that the peach shadow has enough pink to be called Coral, but some people might disagree, so I hope the title won’t cause any issue.
Anyways, for the face, I wanted to show you how I look when I’m darker/tanner. I used Chanel Universal Bronzer to achieve the tanned look. I know in Asia, the tanned/bronzed look isn’t necessarily what people are looking for, but I know a few friends of mine want to look golden/tanned without having to go out in the sun. I specifically used the Chanel bronzer since it’s a cream product and it doesn’t give a dirty/muddy finish. Also, when I tanned, I just become darker, I don’t get red and it’s very easy for me to get really dark in the summer (let’s just say 30mins. in the sun is enough to get me 2 shades darker). However, I become very flushed when I’m tanned – my cheeks become really warm. So, I like using Chanel bronzer because it’s not a cool bronzer, it has enough reddish undertone to mimic how the skin looks like when tanned. I just simply love this product! 🙂
1. I applied L’oreal Magic Lumi all over my face using my fingers. I love applying this under my makeup to give the face a glow from within.
2. I applied Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua all over my face, again, using my fingers. I massaged the foundation to my skin for an even coverage. I like using this foundation in the summer since it’s a sheer foundation.
3. Since I’ve a few breakouts due to lack of sleep and stress, I had to conceal some of my new blemishes and under eye circles using L’oreal Touch Magique.
4. Once I’m done with my base, I go over it again with my fingers, making sure I blended everything properly.
5. Next, I applied Urban Decay Primer Potion all over my eyelid and applied the peach/coral shadow from Chanel Eclosion palette using a flat eyeshadow brush (or you can use your ring finger, like I usually do whenever I’m in a rush). I applied this shadow on both upper and lower lid.
6. I took my MAC small angled brush and dipped it to the plum shadow from the palette, and run it on my upper and lower lash line, very very close to the lashes. If you love your eyeliner, feel free to dip the brush in water first then to the shadow to make a liquid liner.
7. To highlight my eyes, I applied the golden-beige colour (located beside the plum shadow) to the center of my eyelid using my ring finger.
8. I curled my lashes and applied a light coat of Diorshow Newlook mascara on top and bottom lashes.
9. I swirled my Sephora Face contour brush no. 133 to my Chanel Universal Bronzer. I swiped the brush at the back of my hand first before I applied it to my face.
10. So, I pushed the brush on my face when applying the bronzer. I applied the bronzer on wherever the sun hits my face – forehead, temples, cheeks, tips of my nose, bridge of my nose, brow bones and chin. Always take a look in the mirror that’s a meter away from you to ensure that you’re not over-doing it.
11. Once you’re satisfied with how you look, take a clean contour brush and blend the bronzer properly. I like using Chanel Universal Bronzer since it’s not shimmery, but not too matte at the same time.
12. Once I’m done, I take a big brush and applied loose powder to set everything.
13. I applied Benefit Coralista on my cheeks for a hint of blush.
14. I completed the look by applying GOSH Nougat lipstick on my lips.