Emma Stone (aka Gwen Stacy) Inspired Look
As promised, here’s a tutorial I created using Revlon Colorstay eyeshadow in Serene! I watched Spiderman a few weeks a go and I completely fell in love with Emma Stone’s makeup. Her skin is flawless, she looks fresh and young, and her big beautiful eyes are so mesmerizing. One particular scene, Gwen Stacy was wearing a blue sweater and she was in her room when Peter Parker knocked on her window and climbed into her room. She has this beautiful blue smoky eyes on her upper lid, and there was nothing on her lower lid. This is a trick used to lift her eyes and make her look younger.
Anyhow, obviously, I don’t remember exactly how her smoky eyes look like since I’ve watched it a while back, and I can’t find pictures of her in that scene. Thus, it’s called an inspired look, I’m not copying her look, just using it as a reference 😛
I used Revlon Serene eyeshadow and I’m a little bit disappointed. the medium blue eyeshadow (the 2nd darkest color) is very chalky. I’d definitely suggest the use of an eyeshadow primer before application, I didn’t since I wanted to try the eyeshadow quads as is. The lightest color has a too much shimmer to my liking. This quad is so-so, not that great but not that bad either.
(click on picture to enlarge it)
1. I applied the lightest shade of the Revlon Serene Quad all over my eyes up to my brow bone.
2. Using a flat eyeshadow brush, I applied the 2nd darkest blue all over my eyelid.
3. I blended the edge using a clean blending brush.
4. Using Smashbox Bullet brush, I applied the darkest blue on my crease and outer V.
5. Since I feel that it’s not dark enough, I re-applied the darkest blue to add more depth on the outer V. I also filled my brows using Anastasia Brow Wiz.
6. I applied the lightest blue eyeshadow on the inner corner of my eyes using a small eyeshadow brush, and blended the edge of the crease using a clean blending brush.
7. To add extra depth and make it a bit more smoky, I applied Smashbox Blackout eyeshadow on the outer V using Smashbox Bullet brush.
8. I also applied Smashbox Blackout eyeshadow along the upper lashline using an angled eyeliner brush, curled my lashes and applied CoverGirl Lash blast mascara on the top lashes.
9. I applied MAC Face and Body foundation all over my face using a foundation brush.
10. On the cheeks, I applied Revlon Cream Blush in Berry Flirtatious using a clean foundation brush.
11. For the cheeks, I applied Tarte Lipsurgence in Exposed.