Let’s get the Monshu fever going! After the Shu Uemura event, I decided to do a Monshu inspired tutorial. Since I do not own any of the products (they aren’t launched yet), I decided to do this look using whatever products I have on hand. The look that John Pagaduan did last week was a green smoky eyes with an red lip. His red lip had an orange undertone, while mine is more neutral (I think..not too blue and not too orange).
Obviously, this look is a lot for everyday makeup, so if it were me going out, I’d stick to either the smoky eyes with nude lips or the red lips with nothing on the eyes but mascara. BUT, don’t let me stop you! If you’re feeling adventurous go ahead with the smoky and red lips combined 🙂
1. I applied MAC greasepaint stick in Cakeshop all over my eyelids.
2. Using a flat eyeshadow brush, I applied Lancome Strut eyeshadow all over the eyelids.
3. Using a small blending brush, I applied MAC Bows & Curtsey eyeshadow on the outer corner of the lid and swept the color across the crease.
4. I lined my waterline and tighline using L’oreal Volumnious pencil liner.
5. Using a pencil brush, I applied Lancome Strut eyeshadow on the lower lid.
6. I curled my lashes and applied a few coats of mascara using Clinique Lash Power Curling Mascara.
7. I decided to add the false eyelashes on the outer half of the lid just to add an extra drama.
8. Next I applied Lancome Teint Miracle all over my face and lightly on my lips.
9. I lined my lips using MAC Redd lipliner, and after getting the outline of the lips done I filled in the entire lips.
10. I applied YSL blush no. 2 lightly on my cheeks using a foundation brush and filled in my brows using Anastasia Brow Wiz.
11. I picked up some of the Revlon Ravish Me Red lipstick on my lip brush and applied it on my lips.
Also as promised, here’s a picture of the goodie bag that I received from Shu Uemura Indonesia. Inside I received a few products – Shu Uemura base, oil cleansers, lipstick, foundation sample, toner and a few brochures and a cd. Thank you Shu Uemura Indonesia for inviting me to the Monshu event as well as for the great goodies!