Half and Half
As always, this year’s Halloween isn’t complete if I don’t do a Skull makeup. This year I’m doing half pretty makeup and half skull makeup on my face. I used a skull photo from Google as reference, but I think I’ve might have made a mistake on the lower jaw. Oh well, next year will be better! 🙂
Also, I’d like to give a shout out to my cousin, Juicerna who sold me the lovely white contact lens for me to use in the tutorial. If you’re in Indonesia and would like to purchase one of these lenses, please go to her facebook page. I bought mine for Rp. 160.000 (plus delivery) and received in within 2 days. Oh, if you’re not used with wearing contact lenses, you might want to wear it before the makeup application as it might mess your makeup if you put it after.
Anyways, let’s get the tutorial started!
1. Google a skull picture and closely study the structure of the skull.
2. Using a black pencil liner, I used one from Physician’s Formula, I started outlining the structure of my face. This line will serve as a border between dark areas and bone areas.
3. Once you’re satisfied with your outline, fill in the bone area using a flat eyeshadow brush. I used a white cream product from PAC since I find it easier to blend, but you can use water-activated face-paint like Snazaroo or Kryolan or MAC.
4. When you’ve finished filling in the white, use a clean flat eyeshadow brush and applied the black makeup on the hollow areas.
5. Add some shading using a small angled brush and MAC Omega/Brun mixture on the areas where the white and black meet.
6. For the teeth area, I filled in the teeth with a small shader brush. Using a clean angled brush and a black eyeshadow, I re-lined the teeth outline.
7. Once the skull makeup is done, do the pretty side. I did a winged liner with red lips.
8. To avoid creasing, I generously applied translucent powder all over my face. For the black area, if you want you can apply black eyeshadow on top of it to make it even darker, but be careful during application since the black eyeshadow might fall on the white part and cause a mess.