As mentioned on the IMATS post, I bought 3 lip tars from Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics. And I’m pretty sure as you all know it, OCC lip tars are famous for being super pigmented. Whatever raves you’ve heard from other bloggers or beauty magazines, I agree with all of those. These lip tars are amazing! On this tutorial I only used 3 drops of Stalker to create the red-lips look. A little goes a long way with these lip tars.
So for the look, this is pretty much what I’d do for a classic red-lips look. The inspiration obviously comes from Old Hollywood glam (read: Marilyn Monroe, Dita Von Teese). I did a softer version on the eyes to make this tutorial is more wearable. This is definitely my go-to red lips look.
1. I prep my face by applying NARS Pro Primer all over my face.
2. I applied Urban Decay Naked foundation on my face using my fingers.
3. I filled it my brows using Anastasia Brow Wiz in Brunette. I also applied L’oreal Lumi concealer under the brows to highlight the brow bones.
4. On the eyes, I applied MAC Naked Lunch all over my eyelids.
5. Using Smashbox Blackout eyeshadow and an angled brush, I applied a liner along my upper lash line.
6. I opened my eyes and looked straight to the mirror and marked where the “wing” for my eyeliner would be.
7. From the tip of the “wing”, I drew a diagonal line towards the inner corner of my eye.
8. I curled my lashes and applied some mascara on both top and bottom lashes.
9. I applied whatever is left on the angled brush to the outer corner of my lower lid.
10. Using a clean blending brush, I applied lightly a mixture of MAC Omega and MAC Brun on my crease.
11. Using MAC Shroom, I applied it on the center of the eyelid.
12. For the lips, I applied a light layer of OCC Lip Tar in Stalker using a lip brush. After I’m satisfied with the shape, I applied another layer of the same lip tar on the lips.
13. I applied MAC Cubic blush on the cheeks to complete the look.